Definition of Dangers:
a cause or likely cause of harm or injury
Synonyms of Dangers:
hazard, threat, risk, peril, etc.
These notes are from recovery in AA and related 12 step programs.
Readers are encouraged to click external links for more detail.
We hope you find them helpful.
Love in fellowship.
AA’s ‘Twelve Danger Signs’
1. Start missing meetings for any reason, real or imaginary
2. Become critical of the methods used by other members who may not agree with you in everything.
3. Nurse the idea that someday, somehow, you can drink again and become a controlled drinker!
4. Let the other fellow do the 12th Step work in your group. You are too busy!.
5. Become conscious of your A.A. seniority and view every new member with a skeptical and jaundiced eye.
6. Become so pleased with your own views of the programme that you consider yourself an elder statesman.
7. Start a small clique within your own group, composed only of a few members who see eye to eye with you.
8. Tell the new member in confidence that you yourself do not take the 12 Steps seriously.
9. Let your mind dwell more and more on how much you are helping others rather than on how much A.A. is helping you.
10. If an unfortunate member has a slip, drop him at once.
11. Cultivate the habit of borrowing money from other members, and then stay away from meetings to avoid embarrassment.
12. Look upon the 24 hour plan as a vital thing for new members, but not for yourself. You have outgrown the need of that long ago. —More…
We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day “Thy will be done.” We are then in much less ‘danger’ of excitement, fear, anger, worry, self-pity, or foolish decisions. –Big Book p.88 | More…