Definition of Ceremonies:
Ritual observances/procedures celebrating a particular event, achievement, or occasions.
Synonyms for Ceremonies:
Observation, rites, services, customs, formalities, traditions, etc
These notes are from recovery in AA and/or related 12 step programs.
Readers are encouraged to click the external link for more detail.
We hope you find them helpful.
Love in fellowship.
The constituents of a ceremony are simple
* The need or impulse for ritual
* Space and time dedicated to the ceremony
* The intentioned, sacred use of objects, elements and expressive and apposite means of music/speech/silence/meditation
* A role for everyone participating, if appropriate
* A space of silence or emptiness in which divine interaction can happen
* A clear statement of purpose at the beginning, and a thank you afterward
* A point at which celebrants remember and include the rest of the universe, especially those who share their needs –Caitlin Matthews/Celtic Spirit
All life is a ceremony. Every act is a ceremony creating a result in our lives.
Every ceremony we do always brings results to our lives.
If we do bad medicine to others, we do bad medicine to ourselves.
If we keep on doing bad ceremonies, we will eventually destroy ourselves.
Any time we live our lives out of harmony, we are doing bad ceremonies. Any time we treat anything with disrespect whether it is another human being or a plant or an animal, we are performing bad ceremonies.
These ceremonies not only have an effect on ourselves but will simultaneously affect everything. We need to use our power well, only do good ceremonies. –Elders Meditations.
Ceremony can happen in any place. In times of transition, ceremonies that meet the needs of a society are needed, so that innocence and beauty – the currency of Spirit – can flow into our lives –Caitlin Matthews/Celtic Spirit.
The Creator told everyone of us in our tribal beginnings to look after our ceremonies, and each other. Our ceremonies are important and each has a purpose. They teach us about the Creator and about each other. The ceremonies teach us to be humble and teach us to pray. They teach us to look inside ourselves. –Elders Meditations | More…
Hidden in ceremonies are many truths, many principles, many guidelines for living — our access to the Unseen World, healing and visions. Because the people didn’t have schools or books, the Great Spirit gave us Ceremonies. The ceremonies are handed down from generation to generation to learn their meaning. We need to go to the Elders and learn the ceremonies so we can pass them on to our children. –Elders Meditations | More…